My Holiday Countdown
Yay! I hope you are all as excited as I am to see the first day of November! This marks the two month countdown for some of my favorite things.
I’m not sure about everyone else but I love, love making lists. I make grocery lists, to-do lists, gift lists, recipe lists, book lists, goal lists etc. There is an endless amount of things to make a list for. One of the main reasons I absolutely love post-it notes.
I also love making lists to remind myself of the things I have accomplished and experienced in a given time period. I currently only have one more thing to check off my “Fall to-do list”, so I wanted to start a new one for the holidays.
I am going to start off by sharing some of my favorite things to do during November and December that are on my “Holiday Countdown.” I encourage you to make your own list of things to do over the next two months. Choose some of your favorite things to do and write them down. Then place your list somewhere where you will see it everyday. Once you complete one of your tasks check it off of your list. There is a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment when you set goals and can visually see they were completed.
Jordan’s Holiday Countdown!
- Go to my favorite restaurant for my birthday
- Thanksgiving (My favorite holiday)
- Make Christmas dinner for my family
- Make puppy chow (then devour it)
- Hand out candy/gift bags to family & friends
- Drink hot cocoa with marshmallows (hubby and I’s tradition – we may have to include the girls this year at one point. We do this multiple times during the winter.)
- Go see Christmas lights
- Listen to Christmas music (multiple times)
- Hang lights outside
- Watch the movie “Elf” (Christmas tradition)
- Celebrate Jayla’s 3rd birthday!
- Bake some kind of holiday cookie and/or bake a pie
- Possibly build a snowman with my family (I’m not a fan of the cold…they may be on their own)
- Celebrate my 4th wedding anniversary
- Make a list of the things my family and I are thankful for (yay, a new list!)
And, there you have it! Over the next two months I hope at some point to experience all of these things. Each are special to myself and my family in some way. They are also all things I know I can do. The goal of any list I make it so set myself up for success, not failure.
Now, go make your own countdown! Be sure to include things you enjoy, as well as your family and friends. It is always fun to have one or two things you may enjoy doing for yourself. However, I find all of life’s experiences more enjoyable when done with those you love most. Don’t forget to plan to DO something for someone else as well. It is the best feeling when you can bless someone beyond yourself.
I would love to hear what you enjoy doing during the holiday season. Maybe I will even add them to my own list! Write them in the comments so everyone else can see too!
Thank you so much for reading! These next two months have two BIG holidays coming up. Don’t lose focus on things that aren’t important. Start a list now to help you enjoy the season to the fullest!
Happy Holidays & Happy List Making!
Live. Love. Learn.